Reopening UpdatesAll the information you need about the reopening of Ameristar Casino East Chicago. We will continue to add information as it becomes available, please check back often.
Statement by matt schuffert, vice president & general manager, on the reopening of Ameristar Casino Hotel East chicago
While the amenities our customers have come to know and love may be somewhat limited for the time being, the ability to safely welcome back our team members and guests remains our top priority. With this in mind, we have been working closely with the Indiana Gaming Commission, state and local leaders, and public health officials to finalize comprehensive Phase I reopening protocols and new health and safety precautions. Our returning team members will be trained on these procedures and our guests will see reminder signage about them throughout the property. These new protocols include, but are not limited to, the following:
- We will have limited capacity on our gaming floor.
- The installation of floor decals and signage to strictly enforce social distancing guidelines in areas where lines typically form.
- The number of slot machines and seats at tables games available will be limited.
- Banquet services will remain suspended.
- There will be no large drawings, tournaments, or special events.
- Restaurant offerings will be limited and available from Burger Brothers and Stadium Bar and Grill.
- Club 38 is open.
- Heritage Buffet, Bugatti’s Steakhouse and the Noodle Bar will remain closed.
- The Gift Shop and Valet will be closed. The Business Center and Fitness Center will be open with limited capacity to hotel guests.
- The hotel has reopened with limited availability. Maximum of two night stay.
Health & Safety
- Team members and vendors will be required to wear masks and will undergo a health screening each day, including temperature checks, prior to their shift.
- Face masks are required for all guests except: when seated at a restaurant and actively eating or drinking; or when seated at a slot machine and actively eating, drinking or smoking.
- Guests are required to wear masks at table games.
- Guests will undergo a temperature check before entering the casino.
- Slot machines will be thoroughly and regularly cleaned throughout the day.
- Sanitizer stations will be installed on the casino floor and be readily available throughout the facility.
We are grateful for the overwhelming support, patience, and understanding from our customers through these unprecedented times.
Face masks are required for all guests except: when seated at a restaurant and actively eating or drinking; or when seated at a slot machine and actively eating, drinking or smoking.
We will have limited capacity on our gaming floor.
The number of slot machines and seats at tables games available will be limited.
Table games players are required to wear a mask.
The Sportsbook is open noon to 8 p.m., Monday through Thursday and 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., Friday through Sunday. Sportsbook Kiosks are open 24 hours a day.
Baccarat Room will be open; seating will be limited to four seats per game only.
Hotel & Amenities
The hotel has reopened with limited availability. Maximum of two night stay.
The Gift Shop and Valet will be closed. The Business Center and Fitness Center will be open with limited capacity to hotel guests.
Our bus service from Chinatown will not be operating. We will let you know when the service begins again.
Open Daily: 7 a.m. – 3 a.m.
Restaurant offerings will be limited.
Stadium Sports Bar and Grill:
Sunday – Thursday: 11 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Friday & Saturday: 11 a.m. – Midnight
Restaurant offerings will be limited.
Club 38: Open
Heritage Buffet: Closed
Bugatti's Steakhouse: Closed
Noodle Bar: Closed
All bars and self-service areas (on the gaming floor) will be open.